Saying goodbye to your beloved horse is never easy, regardless of how they have left you, whether they have moved on or sadly passed away. Having something physical to keep their memory alive can be cathartic.
Here are 5 beautiful ways to remember your friend.
One of these ways could be having beautiful images of your horse.
- Horse hair jewellery – use your own horse hair for unique jewellery pieces. I love the rose gold heart necklaces from Tail End Jewellery.
- Horse Shoe – by using your own horse or pony shoe At Love Horseshoes will clean it and place it securely in a box frame – making a beautiful memento.
- Personal scrapbook – collect items from your time together from rosettes, ribbons, photos, notes, hair and awards. My favourite is the soft leather hand made notebooks from PaperHigh at Not on the Highstreet
- Painted equine portraits – commission an artist to portray your horse at his/her best. Sarahs Pet Portraits look stunning.
- Framed image – Print and frame a beautiful photo of the two of you – a memorable keepsake that will remind you of your time together.
Sadly horses do pass away or move on. I have heard many times from clients that they regret not having had a photoshoot with their horse or dog. In the words of Geoffrey Chaucer ‘Time and tide wait for no man’.
If you are interested in booking a photoshoot with me, hit reply here.