Best birthday party ideas – Hampshire
How many of us enjoy looking for birthday venues for our children? As a mum of two, I can fully appreciate the stress and time it takes to find that perfect party, so to help you, here are my best birthday party ideas.
For the past 6 years, I have researched venues and attended countless parties for my children, I hope these ideas will help you find your child's perfect party and if you've been to a great one and want it added, please contact me.
- Norman Court - Camouflage and Concealment party: Norman Court. Play an amazing woodland version of a hide and seek game and get to put on camouflage clothes and face paint, toast marshmallows on the campfire, hide from your friends, build woodland shelters and learn how to move silently through the woods to avoid being caught by the hunters. Norman Court runs many other types of parties from woodland to Olympic games.
- Roller Skating party: Academy Studios, Romsey Hire the studios for a roller disco party from age 6+. Skates and protective pads are included in the hire. The children roller skate for about 1hr to the latest pop/disco tunes - no experience necessary! After hot or cold food is served, Sue, the funny and talented host entertains the children with party games.
- Trampoline Party: Flip Out, Southampton Show me a child who doesn't want to jump around and throw themselves into blocks of foam! Flip out is just as it says - flipping, somersaults (only if you know what you're doing), jumping and giggling guaranteed. One hour of bouncy fun and pizza for party food.
- Woodland Adventure party: New Forest Activity centre. It's a brilliant party for the child who loves adventure. Based on the gorgeous Beaulieu estate surrounded by woodlands, children can be wild and free. The party was hosted by 2 very energetic organisers who played fun games and built dens with the children for 2 hours! Even though it rained for the whole time, the kids didn't care and had so much fun! For older children aged 12+-year-olds high ropes are available to climb. They also run a canoeing raft party, archery and battlefield live parties!
- Village Hall: Hire your local village hall. Go DIY or hire an entertainer. We have done both. If going the DIY route - hire a bouncy castle, put on a BBQ and play lots of party games - perfect for ages 3-6 years old.
Entertainer: If your little one would love a princess party, hire Razzle Dazzle. To the girl's delight, Princess Belle turned up. They played many party games and it was a huge success.
- Home party: My son is an avid Star Wars fan. We hid characters from the dark and light side in trees and shrubbery around our close, split the children into two teams (1 dark side and 1 light side) and sent them on a mission to collect them. When they came back, their prize was an inflatable lightsaber each. We put star wars music on and they all had a battle. We bought a Darth Vader pinata and had a BBQ.
- Indoor Climbing wall - Try Golden Gecko. From age 5 onwards. 1 hour of climbing, the hosts play games, like who can climb the fastest or only on the green hold. The children love to compete to see who can ring the bell. Party food is then provided in the room upstairs.
- Outdoor activity - Ringo or ski bob down the slopes at Snowtrax near Hurn, Bournemouth. The Ringos are large inflatable doughnut rings and probably better for older children from 6 years up, as the walk back up the slope towing a huge inflatable doughnut can be exhausting. Great fun for all.
I hope these ideas have been helpful in some way. I love looking back at the party images, as over time I had forgotten all the little thoughts and details that go into a party - great memories to be had.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
MY LATEST WORK
9 Reasons for a winter photo shoot.The light in the winter is softer and more flatteringAs the sun is lower, you can have your photoshoot anytime in the day.Crisp, frosty mornings are so pretty and magicalGorgeous pink and orange sunrise and sunsets...
As the Autumn sun was setting over the New Forest, I was photographing the lovely Izzy and Bean, a gorgeous Connemara pony with plenty of spirit and fun. Izzy has oodles of confidence and is in full control of Bean. We met at my favourite place in the New Forest,...